Air passenger forecast figures just released from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) predict global passenger figures to more than double to 7.3 billion by 2034, up from the 3.3billion expected this year.
The IATA report highlights the shift in passenger volumes between the continents:
Beijing Airport, China
- China is set to overtake the USA as the biggest passenger market with 1.3 billion passengers flying by 2034, with an average annual growth of +5.5%.
- The USA will drop to number 2 by 2030, with an average annual growth rate of +3.2% a year and 1.2billion passengers by 2034.
- India is set to overtake the UK as the third largest passenger market in 2031. It will serve a total of 367 million annual passengers by 2034, an extra 266 million annual passengers compared to today.
- China and USA are forecast to be the fastest-growing markets in terms of additional passengers by 2034, followed by India, Indonesia and Brazil.
As the number of global air passengers is forecast to soar in the next 2 decades, new and unique opportunities arise for brands to reach out in the Airport environment and engage with a growing influential and connected audience.
JCDecaux operates a network of over 145 global Airports, including 10 of the top 20. This gives us the unique ability to reach this growing audience strategically across countries and continents, during both departure and arrival. Our ongoing proprietary Airport research such as Airport Stories
and The Global Shopper Connection
provide the insights necessary to understanding this valuable audience, enabling us to offer impactful brand communications via an array of tailored solutions.
Riyadh Airport, Saudi Arabia
Other highlights from IATA include projections of annual passenger growth numbers by region:
Source: IATA, 2014Click here
- Asia Pacific and the Middle East regions are predicted to enjoy the strongest growth in passenger traffic with averages of +4.9% per year
- Latin America and Africa are forecast to take joint second place with 4.7% average yearly growth followed by North America at 3.3%
- Europe is forecast to experience the slowest average growth rate at 2.7%.
to find out more about JCDecaux’s Airport offer around the world.