JCDecaux S.A. (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announces that it has won the contract for the in centre advertising at Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City, the premium retail, shopping and leisure destinations in London – ranked number one and two for mall retail spend in the UK. The contract follows a competitive tender and is for a term of 8.5 years.
JCDecaux will take over the contract in November and will manage internal advertising opportunities across the two malls, comprising 180 screens in a 100% digital environment.
With the addition of Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City, JCDecaux’s portfolio will now cover all 25 of London’s top retail zones (source CACI). Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City deliver 52 million digital weekly viewed impressions (source: Route 27).
Paul Buttigieg, Director of Commercial Partnerships, Shopping Centre Management, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, said: “JCDecaux’s expertise in selling the London and international luxury audience means they are ideally placed to share our vision for the Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City advertising portfolio. JCDecaux brings the scale, digital expertise and data insight to understand our audience and to develop our offer further. This partnership with JCDecaux will give advertisers a new opportunity to reach influential and affluent audiences at multiple touchpoints in London and will benefit Westfield shoppers with relevant and engaging advertising content on the screens.”
Jean-François Decaux, Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: “We are delighted to be working in partnership with Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations to develop advertising opportunities in their market-leading malls. This win cements JCDecaux’s position as the number one in mall advertising in the UK and the leading provider of digital screens in all the major retail areas of London. Westfield centres offer a premium proposition with premium retailers and a premium audience and the new digital screens will make it a powerful proposition for advertisers and their brands.”
* Restated from the retrospective application of IFRS 15, applicable from January 1st, 2018
- 2017 revenue: €3,493m*, H1 2018 revenue: €1,643m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (543,050 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 215 airports and 250 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (356,320 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (141,630 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (672,220 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,290 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (77,190 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (26,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (18,650 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,074,113 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,033 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,040 employees