JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced that it has won, following a competitive tender, the contract to provide bus shelters for the bus network (contract renewal) and the brand-new Bus Rapid Transit (new contract) of Aix-en-Provence.
Signed with the Aix-Marseille-Provence Urban Area, the 15-year contract covers the supply, maintenance and advertising operations of 226 bus shelters (of which 48 are digital) in the Aix-en-Bus network and 64 bus shelters (of which 13 are digital) in the L’Aixpress network, the new Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) line that came into service on September 2nd. The contract is for a total of 596 advertising panels. USB ports will be available on the new BRT bus shelters and also on the busiest shelters in the Aix-en-Bus network.
The Aix-en-Bus and L’Aixpress street furniture fits perfectly into the historic urban landscape of Aix-en-Provence, with clean, contemporary lines designed by JCDecaux’s Design Studio and the well-known designer, Patrick Jouin.
In keeping with its sustainable development strategy, JCDecaux addressed the needs of the Aix-en-Provence Urban Area with an offering based on strong environmental values, optimising the energy performance of its furniture while ensuring responsible operations throughout the contract.
Partner to 61 municipalities and with a workforce of 191 employees, the Sud – Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Regional Department of JCDecaux is particularly dynamic. It has recently won or renewed several contracts including: automatic toilets in Marseille, street furniture with digital technology in Antibes, street furniture with digital technology in Beaulieu-sur-Mer, street furniture in Le Pradet, street furniture with digital technology in Fréjus and bus shelters with digital technology in the Nice Urban Area.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux,
said: “We are proud to have won the contract to provide bus shelters for Aix-en-Provence. By renewing the contract for the bus network and extending it to include the new BRT line, the Aix-Marseille-Provence Urban Area is once again demonstrating its confidence in JCDecaux. This will underpin our innovation strategy, with its emphasis on digital technology, design and sustainable development. This new contract also strengthens our foothold in the popular tourist destination of the Sud – Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region. It will consolidate the power and coverage of JCDecaux’s national network for the benefits of cities, citizens, advertisers and their brands.
For more information about JCDecaux, please visit JCDecaux.com
Join us on Twitter
- 2018 revenue: €3,619m, H1 2019 revenue: €1,842.3m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index and the MSCI and CDP rankings
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (528,660 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 170 airports and 277 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (326,970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (137,020 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (645,540 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (239,300 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (72,880 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (24,170 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (16,450 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,061,200 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,030 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,030 employees