Since 2014, Paris Aéroport (the Paris airports authority) has offered free, unlimited Wi-Fi access to passengers at Paris airports, a service initially developed by JCDecaux Airport Paris.
Since October 2015, the free, unlimited Wi-Fi service launched by Paris Aéroport in partnership with JCDecaux Airport Paris has been sponsored by AXA, with connections offered through a branded portal.
The service is designed to accommodate highly connected and mobile passengers, with information and content accessible throughout the airport. The Wi-Fi access meets the high demand for connectivity and expands the possibilities for innovation at airports.
Airport passengers have high connectivity needs and are strongly inclined to use this service:
- 3 hour average wait time at Paris airport terminals
- 96% of passengers believe that airports should offer free Wi-Fi at terminals
- 87% of them carry a smartphone when arriving at the airport
- 77% of passengers named free Wi-Fi as their favourite airport service
The free, unlimited Wi-Fi service, offering connectivity and practical benefits, is integrated with the airport's digital ecosystem, meeting the needs of passengers while enhancing the communication strategies of innovative brands. The service is useful for passengers and is integrated with an airport environment that is increasingly digital, helping improve quality of service and passenger satisfaction.
The free Wi-Fi service at Paris Aéroport locations is used by 20% of connected passengers and accounts for 80% of mobile connections
The service combines:
- A streamlined, multi-lingual connection portal, accessible from all passenger terminals and optimised with AXA to enhance the online experience.
- A personalised, interactive media solution that offers brand visibility in a connected space.
- Online/offline synergy for cross-channel brand visibility: a digital experience across 250 digital screens was created in retail and boarding areas, where passengers connect most frequently.