- November 16, 2016
In line with its commitment to creating smart, vibrant and sustainable business communities, TECOM Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has partnered with JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, to pioneer state-of-the-art digital advertising solutions, at Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City and Dubai Knowledge Park.
This community transformation project will include the installation of smart digital outdoor solutions as part of a wider initiative across TECOM Business Parks. At a signing ceremony in Dubai attended by Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux and Malek Al Malek CEO of TECOM Business Parks, TECOM Group said that it intends to reimagine its business communities, while spurring creativity through the installation of smart infrastructure which will enhance those innovative ecosystems.
Malek Sultan Al Malek, Chief Executive Officer at TECOM Business Parks, said:“Our new partnership with JCDecaux enables us to combine the strengths of the world’s leading outdoor advertising company with our own experience in building innovative business communities over the last decade. Together we will reimagine the future of three business parks that are recognised across the region as being leaders in innovation and creativity, as we work towards common goals and write a new chapter in Dubai’s development.”
The timing of the new partnership comes as TECOM Group steps up its efforts to support Dubai’s vision of transforming into one of the smartest cities in the world. The installation of JCDecaux’s leading digital advertising solutions is set to play a key role in helping redefine the future of advertising in the emirate, while also acting as a springboard for understanding how to scale up their use in other cities around the region.
The concept of advertising on street furniture such as benches, bus shelters, phone kiosks, and other public fixtures, was first pioneered by JCDecaux back in 1964, and has proven to be a means of funding public infrastructure using advertising revenue. In 2015, JCDecaux generated €3.2 billion outdoor revenues globally.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux, said:“In TECOM Group, we have a partner that embraces new ideas and innovation, thus mirroring our own core values, and we are proud to be a part of the sustainable development of the city’s innovative communities. This partnership speaks of our ability to fulfil the needs of smart cities and brands through high value-added, fully customised, products and services. It is also in line with our global strategic direction for digital outdoor, which emcompasses the 3 core elements of digital, data and distribution. An approach which facilitates the delivery of smart advertising solutions in the right place, with the right message, to the right people and at the right time.”
The advertising structures will take on a minimalist feel and will serve more than 3,000 business partners, and regional and international organisations, unlocking opportunities for brands to engage with an audience of close to 50,000 professionals at Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City and Dubai Knowledge Park.
This is an ultra-high quality advertising platform including dynamic, fully connected, LED digital screens, as well as solar powered bus shelters that will provide information about transport, accessibility for people with physical disabilities and USB charging facilities.
- Chiffre d’affaires 2015 : 3 208m€, Chiffre d’affaires du premier semestre 2016 : 1 617m€
- JCDecaux est coté sur l'Eurolist d'Euronext Paris et fait partie de l’indice Euronext 100
- JCDecaux fait partie de l’indice FTSE4Good
- N°1 mondial du mobilier urbain (524 580 faces publicitaires)
- N°1 mondial de la publicité dans les transports avec plus de 230 aéroports et 280 contrats de transport dans les métros, bus, trains et tramways (395 770 faces publicitaires)
- N°1 européen de l’affichage grand format (177 760 faces publicitaires)
- N°1 de la communication extérieure en Europe (731 390 faces publicitaires)
- N°1 de la communication extérieure en Asie-Pacifique (236 760 faces publicitaires)
- N°1 de la communication extérieure en Amérique Latine (62 860 faces publicitaires)
- N°1 de la communication extérieure en Afrique (32 840 faces publicitaires)
- N°1 de la communication extérieure au Moyen-Orient (16 280 faces publicitaires)
- N°1 mondial du vélo en libre-service : pionnier de la mobilité douce
- 1 129 410 faces publicitaires dans plus de 75 pays
- Une présence dans 4 435 villes de plus de 10 000 habitants
- Audience quotidienne : plus de 390 millions de personnes
- 12 850 collaborateurs