- September 29, 2015
JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that Daniel Wall, CEO and minority shareholder (9.9%) of the German subsidiary Wall AG, will be leaving the company after the end of his contract in December 2015. The current market organization will be further strengthened by combining the activities of Wall AG and JCDecaux GmbH in one single unit for the German market.
Daniel Wall has been in the Executive Board of Wall AG since 1999 and became CEO in 2007. After JCDecaux took over the majority of Wall AG in 2009, he became responsible for Germany and Turkey within JCDecaux group.
The position of CEO will not be replaced. The current management members, Andreas Prasse (Sales & Marketing), Patrick Möller (Partner Relations, Products) and Andreas Scholz (Finance) will be leading the German market activities under the supervision of Daniel Hofer, who is in charge of Germany, Austria, Central & Eastern Europe and Central Asia within JCDecaux.
Daniel Hofer, member of the Executive Board of JCDecaux, said: “We would like to thank Daniel Wall for his strong commitment and dedication over all these years in the company that has been founded by his father Hans Wall. He played a very important role in the integration process of Wall AG since the acquisition by JCDecaux and we sincerely appreciate his many achievements on behalf of Wall AG. By combining our two German entities Wall AG and JCDecaux GmbH, we will be able to even further improve our local structures and offer cities and advertisers best-in-class solutions for the German market."
- 2014 revenues: €2,813 million; H1 2015 revenues: €1,460 million
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No. 1 worldwide in street furniture (491,950 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with 140 airports and 279 contracts in metros, buses,
- trains and tramways (379,060 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (180,590 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (215,350 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (51,150 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (36,000 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in self-service bicycles and a pioneer in soft mobility
- 1,078,370 advertising panels in more than 70 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 12,300 employees