JCDecaux SE (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that JCDecaux Norge AS, its Norwegian subsidiary, has won an exclusive 6-year (plus a 2-year extension option) advertising contract with Sporveien Media AS – the company governing the advertising concessions for public transport in the greater Oslo region – with a population of over 1.3 million.
The contract includes advertising rights on all buses, trams, and the Oslo metro – trains and stations. The Oslo Metro is the most digitised OOH contract on the Norwegian market, with a total of 345 digital panels and more than 100 million annual passengers.
The contract counts for more than 20% market share on the Norwegian OOH market and will place JCDecaux as a market leader in Norway for OOH and DOOH.
The tender was evaluated on financial and non-financial criteria – including sustainability, where JCDecaux was the winner.
Inge Aasen, Managing director of Sporveien Media, said: “We are very satisfied with the agreement with JCDecaux Norge AS, which ensures further innovation and development of public transport's values. The advertising agreement generates important income for the public transport sector.”
Jean-François Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: "We are delighted to work with Sporveien Media AS again. A concession JCDecaux operated until 2012, and where we started the digital transformation of the Norwegian OOH market. We aim to develop further the contract with new digital concepts and a wellpositioned media offer for local, national, and international advertisers. We will operate this contract with a commitment to global carbon neutrality and issue a carbon emission report annually for the contract that will document all the planned emission reduction activities. The contract fits perfectly with our existing portfolio and will place JCDecaux as a clear market leader on the Norwegian OOH.”
- 2022 revenue: €3,317m(a)
- N°1 Out-of-Home Media company worldwide
- A daily audience of more than 850 million people in more than 80 countries
- 1,040,132 advertising panels worldwide
- Present in 3,573 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 11,200 employees
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is recognised for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good (3.6/5), CDP (A-), MSCI (AA) and has achieved Platinum Medal status from EcoVadis
- 1st Out-of-Home Media company to join the RE100
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (604,536 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 153 airports and 205 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (333,620 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (101,976 advertising panels worldwide)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (654,957 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (170,973 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (129,305 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (24,198 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (19,371 advertising panels)
(a) Adjusted revenue