JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that its German subsidiary Wall GmbH has won both contracts put out for tender by the Berlin Transport Authority (BVG). The first contract includes the exclusive advertising rights for 6,200 2m2 advertising panels on over 4,600 bus and tram shelters in the German capital. The second contract covers the cleaning and maintenance of the shelters. Both six-year contracts, including a three-year extension option for the BVG, will begin on January 1st, 2019 and end on December 31st, 2024.
Following the new contracts, Wall GmbH successfully continues its 34-year partnership with the BVG. In 1984, Wall GmbH installed the first 1,000 of its bus shelters in what was then West-Berlin after winning a tender put out by the BVG. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the company extended its network of bus and tram shelters to the eastern part of the city. In 2007, Wall GmbH acquired the BVG advertising subsidiary VVR-Berek, which was bought by JCDecaux in 2006.
This year, Wall GmbH has already successfully retained two existing long-term contracts in Berlin in EU-wide tenders:
Dr Daniel Hofer, CEO for Germany, Austria, Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, and member of the Executive Board of JCDecaux
- In January 2018, Wall GmbH signed an exclusive 15-year advertising contract with the city of Berlin, including more than 1,000 backlit and digital advertising panels of different sizes on public land and property;
- Furthermore, in June the company was awarded a 15-year contract to supply and operate up to 370 public toilets in the German capital.
, said: “After successfully renewing two important contracts with the city of Berlin earlier this year, we have once again confirmed the quality of our outdoor advertising solutions and services by winning both contracts put out for tender by the Berlin Transport Authority. Being a partner of the city of Berlin for more than 30 years, we are very pleased that, following a competitive tender process, the BVG has decided to continue our successful collaboration. The new advertising concession paves the way to strategically expand our existing digital portfolio in the German capital
* Restated from the retrospective application of IFRS 15, applicable from January 1st, 2018
- 2017 revenue: €3,493m*, H1 2018 revenue: €1,643m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (543,050 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 215 airports and 250 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (356,320 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (141,630 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (672,220 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,290 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (77,190 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (26,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (18,650 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,074,113 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,033 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,040 employees