JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced that it has been voted Hong Kong’s No.1 Out-of-Home (OOH) Media of the Year 2018 by senior marketers as well as top agency professionals, in Marketing Magazine’s annual Media Benchmarking survey.
JCDecaux has won this prestigious award for the ninth consecutive year, underlining its leading position in the OOH industry:
- From 2010 to 2014 with its wholly-owned subsidiary JCDecaux Transport(1);
- From 2015 to 2017 with its wholly-owned subsidiary JCDecaux Cityscape(2);
- In 2018 with JCDecaux Transport and JCDecaux Cityscape in duo on the top position of the podium.
JCDecaux’s constant strive for excellence, innovation and deep understanding of the industry landscape and advertisers' business goals, are among the winning initiatives empowering JCDecaux to continually deliver innovative and interactive solutions for advertisers. All these have made JCDecaux an industry pioneer in Hong Kong, fully recognized in the survey, as the voting criteria primarily includes: media creativity, media quality and sales services.
While China became the Group’s largest market in 2017, JCDecaux reaches over 370 million passengers in Chinese airports every year and 37 million passengers daily in metros.Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux
, said: “We are extremely proud to have won this award once again and to have both JCDecaux Transport and JCDecaux Cityscape on the podium, reaffirming JCDecaux’s unrivalled position in Hong Kong's OOH media industry. Voted by senior marketers and agency professionals, JCDecaux’s success in Hong Kong is the result of both our passion and our constant efforts to improve our clients’ servicing and outperform the market by delivering smart and innovative advertising solutions, for the greater benefit of advertisers, brands, partners, passengers, citizens and tourists. I want to thank our Hong Kong teams, who are fully embarked in the Group strive for excellence and completely recognised by the market
.”(1) JCDecaux Transport is the market leader in outdoor advertising in Hong Kong and has managed the advertising sales concessions of MTR (Mass Transit Railway) and Airport Express for MTR Corporation for over 35 years. The company currently also operates the advertising concessions for Hong Kong International Airport, Macau International Airport, Pacific Place Passages and Ngong Ping 360.(2) JCDecaux Cityscape, Hong Kong’s Nº1 street furniture advertising company, is the exclusive operator of bus shelters in Hong Kong Island and tramcar advertising. It has expanded its footprint in bus body advertising of New World First Bus and Citybus since July 2015. It has built an unrivalled above-ground advertising network with more than 300 advertising shelters, 1,640 buses and 140 tramcars. Its sister company JCDecaux Macau is also Nº1 street furniture advertising company in Macau.
* Restated from the retrospective application of IFRS 15, applicable from January 1st, 2018
- 2017 revenue: €3,493m*, H1 2018 revenue: €1,643m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (543,050 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 215 airports and 250 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (356,320 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (141,630 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (672,220 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,290 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (77,190 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (26,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (18,650 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,074,113 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,033 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,040 employees