By continuing to use this site, you agree to receive cookies/similar technologies to measure visits, view videos and use social sharing buttons. Find out more and change your cookies settings.
- April 28, 2015
JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announces that its wholly-owned subsidiary, JCDecaux Advertising (Shanghai) Co. Ltd, has won the exclusive operation rights for the traditional media resources in Guangzhou Metro from 1 April until the end of 2015. This makes JCDecaux’s coverage of metro media in China increase to eight cities, which includes the three megacities of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.
After years of rapid development, Guangzhou Metro has truly moved into the era of the modern metro network. So far, it has built and opened nine metro lines with 153 stations and a total mileage of up to 260 kilometres, having successfully established China’s third largest urban rail transit system. As one of the primary means of public transport for Guangzhou citizens, the daily traffic has reached over 6 million passengers, handling about 40% of the transit passenger flow of the city of Guangzhou.
As the previous local operator failed to fully deliver their contractual commitments, Guangzhou Metro Corporation decided to terminate their contract and had to select through a tender a temporary operator for 2015 before launching a long-term tender.
Through this 9-month cooperation, JCDecaux wishes to enhance its knowledge of this leading metro network and maximize its chances to establish a closer and long-term partnership with Guangzhou Metro Corporation.
- 2014 revenues: €2,813m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (491,950 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 140 airports and 279 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,060 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (180,590 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (215,350 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (51,150 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,078,370 advertising panels in more than 60 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 11,900 employees