By continuing to use this site, you agree to receive cookies/similar technologies to measure visits, view videos and use social sharing buttons. Find out more and change your cookies settings.
- September 17, 2014
Paris, 17 September 2014 - JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that its subsidiary JCDecaux ATA, together with LG Electronics and KKIA, has been awarded a Guinness World Record for creating the world’s largest outdoor advertising billboard at Riyadh’s King Khaled International Airport in Saudi Arabia.
The advertising structure took over three months to complete (12,000 hours) and measures 250 x 12 metres, with a total surface area of 3,000m2. LG’s advertising artwork was installed in only 7 days.
This landmark JCDecaux structure is strategically positioned on Riyadh Airport’s Access Road and enables LG to showcase the new LG G3 smartphone to 100% of the airport’s passengers, whilst communicating the brand’s identity.
Mr. Deuk Soo Ahn, President of LG Electronics Saudi Arabia, said: “LG is very proud to be part of a fantastic initiative that will be recognised internationally through the Guinness Book of World Records. This is part of what makes our product one to beat. Branding at KKIA is a major part of our media mix and this activation reflects how seriously we view the Saudi market.”
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: “This project is a remarkable achievement for our team in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. By working in partnership with King Khaled International Airport, we were able to launch this exciting new advertising opportunity in just 3 months. This efficient and well-coordinated initiative benefited from JCDecaux’s expertise to overcome a number of technical challenges. It also underlines our commitment to adding value for our partners and enhancing the passenger experience through creativity, innovation and seamless implementation.”
- 2013 revenues: €2,676m; H1 2014 revenues: €1,305m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (480,400 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 145 airports and over 276
- contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (191,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (211,400 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Latin America region (30,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,082,400 advertising panels in more than 60 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 11,900 employees