Since the beginning, the JCDecaux group has been committed to working proactively with cities, transport companies, airports and advertisers as well as media and advertising agencies to improve the urban environment.
The Group has become one of the world's leading outdoor media companies through developing innovative products of the highest quality whilst respecting rigorous standards of ethics. It is JCDecaux's continued dedication to these values that will maintain its industry leading position.
JCDecaux and its subsidiaries endeavour to:
- Pursue and intensify the implementation of measures that will minimise the impact of the Group's activities on the environment: mainly, but not exclusively, by reducing energy and water consumption and by recycling posters and other waste;
- Pursue eco-design in the re-engineering of existing products and the creation of new products; intensify the use of lifecycle analysis; and increase the development and implementation of "green" products;
- Accelerate the ISO 14001 certification process;
- Develop and implement a policy to reduce carbon emissions;
- Proactively support, by offering our products and services, the sustainable development policies of the cities, transport companies, airports, corporate landlords and advertisers that we work with;
- Develop a specific measurement tool to monitor improvements;
- Encourage and support internal professional development without discrimination;
- Provide a safe, sound and efficient working environment for our employees;
- Maintain our commitment to causes that the Group has chosen to support;
- Involve all our teams, through local initiatives, in the Group's day to day commitment to developing sustainability.
The Board of Directors manages the Sustainable Development Direction that was created in 2007 to address these new challenges and coordinate the implementation of these measures. This reflects the Group's commitment to pursue an economic development respectful of people and the environment.
The continued involvement of JCDecaux's teams on these subjects underlines the Group's dedication to fulfil its global corporate responsibility engagements.
(PDF - 4Mo) Company's statement in favor of Sustainable Development