Paris, 22 March 2012 - JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced that JCDecaux has signed a 5+3 year agreement for advertising on Norwegian Railway System with ROM Eiendom (Real-estate company owned by National Rail Company – NSB), following a competitive tender. The contract gives JCDecaux exclusive right to operate and develop advertising on the stations and other properties owned by ROM Eiendom.
Jeremy Male, CEO for UK & Northern Europe, said: “This win will enable us to strengthen our position to target the fast growing public transport market in the Greater Oslo area and fits well with our contract for the Oslo Transport Company covering buses, trams and the Metro. In addition it will further strengthen our national footprint in the street furniture and transport advertising segments which are particularly well developed in Norway compared to billboard advertising segment.
Through this contract we will also further increase the digitalization of our media-portfolio. Oslo Central Station and National Theatre Station will be digitalized by replacing traditional 6 sheets with 72” screens and one DEP – Digital Escalator Panels – project.
After more than 45 years with the previous operator, we are pleased that ROM Eiendom appreciated our innovative approach and decided to partner with JCDecaux.”
About ROM Eiendom:
Rail passengers pr year: 52,5 mill
Railway Stations: 331
Properties: 990 – 720,000 m2
Key Figures for the Group:
- 2011 revenues: €2,463m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Dow Jones Sustainability indexes
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (426,184 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with 175 airports and 282 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (367,770 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (219,498 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (246,819 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,013,510 advertising panels in more than 50 countries
- Present in 3,688 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,304 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investors Relations: Nicolas Buron
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org