Paris, November 23, 2009 - JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company in Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region, number two worldwide in this industry and world leader in the transport advertising segment, announces that JCDecaux Airport – JCDecaux’s subsidiary specializing in airport advertising – was recently awarded, following a competitive tender, the contract to operate the advertising space outside Biarritz Anglet Bayonne Airport for a period of 7 years.
The international airport of Biarritz Anglet Bayonne, which handled a total of 1 million passengers in 2008, is the ninth largest airport in France.
This new contract enables JCDecaux Airport, which already operates the advertising space inside the airport, to strengthen its proposition. From now on, JCDecaux Airport will target travelers from the instant they arrive in the airport to the moment they board the aircraft.
Isabelle Fourmentin, Executive Vice-President of JCDecaux Airport made the following statement: “We are delighted that Biarritz Anglet Bayonne airport has again expressed confidence in JCDecaux Airport and that our collaboration is being extended to the entire airport zone. This new, stronger partnership allows us to provide the airport authorities with a full range of solutions and to develop highly innovative products and events to optimize the advertising potential of advertisers.”
Key Figures for the Group:
- 2008 revenues: €2,168.6 million ; 2009 9 first month revenues: €1,356.1m
- JCDecaux is listed on Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100, Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good indexes
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (378,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 165 airports and over 300 transport contracts in metros, buses, tramways and trains (329,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (224,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia Pacific (201 700 advertising panels in 44 different cities)
- N°1 worldwide in self service bicycles
- 936,000 advertising panels in 55 countries
- 9,250 employees