Paris, November 21, 2006 - JCDecaux (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company in Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region, and number two worldwide, has renewed seven street furniture contracts in the French provinces over the past few months following competitive public tenders. The towns and cities concerned by these agreements represent a total population of almost 340,000 inhabitants.
These contracts concern a total of 1,000 2m² advertising panels and 200 8m² advertising panels. The municipalities that have chosen JCDecaux are: Béziers, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Carcassonne, Compiègne, Forbach, Périgueux and Wasquehal. The street furniture items installed are either JCDecaux designs (Trafic, Millenium, Forum and Prestige) or creations designed by Lord Norman Foster.
Commenting on the renewed contracts, Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board of JCDecaux and Co-CEO, said: “By choosing us once again, these municipalities further acknowledge JCDecaux’s active commitment to quality and innovation in the area of Street Furniture. These contract renewals also reinforce our market leading position in outdoor advertising in France, and enable us to provide advertising networks that fully satisfy the needs of our customers.”
Key Figures for the JCDecaux Group:
- 2005 revenues: €1,745.2m, Q3 2006 revenues: €1,382.1M
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the Euronext 100 and FTSE4Good indices.
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (318,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in airport advertising with 153 airports and more than 300 transport contracts in metros, buses, tramways and trains (207,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (200,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in China (79,000 advertising panels in 20 different cities)
- 725,000 advertising panels in 48 countries
- Present in over 3,400 cities with over 10,000 inhabitants
- 7,900 employees