Paris, December 11, 2006 - JCDecaux (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company in Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region, and number two worldwide, has been awarded, within the framework of a public tender competition, a 10-year contract for the City of Nice and its 343,000 inhabitants. Under the terms of the contract, JCDecaux will provide MUPI® (2m² city map and information panels), 8m² Senior® large format billboards and advertising columns.
Following the recent renewal and extension of the contract covering bus and tramway shelters for the urban community of Nice and the French Riviera (Communauté d’Agglomération Nice Côte d’Azur), the renewal of this contract with the City of Nice covers 152 MUPI® 2m² panels, 59 8m² Senior® billboards and 12 columns. These street furniture models created by the Italian designers Gae Aulenti and Marco Fantoni represent a total of 400 advertising panels.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board of JCDecaux and Co-CEO, said: “By choosing JCDecaux once again, the City of Nice further strengthens our commitment to quality and innovation. The recent renewals –with extensions – of our contracts with Aix-en-Provence, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Cannes, Marseille Provence Métropole and the Communauté d’Agglomération de Nice Côte d’Azur reinforce the strength of JCDecaux networks in the Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur region, the 3rd largest zone for advertising investment in France*.”
* Source: France Pub
Key Figures for the Group JCDecaux:
- 2005 revenues: €1,745.2M, Q3 2006 revenues: €1,382.1M
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the Euronext 100 and FTSE4Good indices. JCDecaux has entered the Interbrand rankings in 23rd position, with a brand value of €1.03 billion.
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (318,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in airport advertising with 153 airports and more than 300 transport contracts in metros, buses, tramways and trains (207,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards ( 200,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in China (79,000 advertising panels in 20 different cities)
- 725,000 advertising panels in 48 countries
- Present in over 3,400 cities with over 10,000 inhabitants
- 7,900 employees