Paris, 15 May 2013 – The Annual General Meeting of JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) was convened on 15 May 2013.
The Annual General Meeting approved the payment of a dividend of €0.44 per share.
The Annual General Meeting also approved the appointments of Mrs. Alexia Decaux-Lefort, Mr. Gérard Degonse and independent member Mr. Michel Bleitrach to the Supervisory Board, and renewed the term in office of Mr. Pierre-Alain Pariente for one year.
Speaking at the Annual General Meeting, Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said:
“Mr. Jean-Claude Decaux has informed us of his decision not to renew his mandate, taking the opportunity to reaffirm that JCDecaux SA, which has been listed on the markets since 2001, has always been a family business and his desire to see it passed on to the third generation that will continue to invest in its future.
I believe that I speak on behalf of everyone in expressing our admiration and gratitude to Mr. Jean-Claude Decaux who, having invented the concept of street furniture advertising, first founded our Group in 1964.
Driven by his unique vision for towns and cities, he has devoted close to 50 years to improving and transforming the day-to-day lives of millions of people through the design and development of a range of street furniture that combines public services with aesthetics and functionality, and provides a powerful medium for advertisers.”
Following the Annual General Meeting, Mr. Jean-Claude Decaux and Mr. Gérard Degonse were appointed by the Supervisory Board to the respective positions of Founder and Honorary Chairman and Chairman of the Supervisory Board.
The Supervisory Board also appointed Mr. Pierre Mutz as Chairman of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee, and Mr. Gérard Degonse and Mr. Michel Bleitrach as members of the same Committee.
The Supervisory Board appointed Mr. Jean-Sébastien Decaux as a new member of the
The Supervisory Board finally appointed Mr. Jean-François Decaux as Chairman of the Executive Board and Mr. Jean-Charles Decaux as Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux SA for a term of one year.
For commercial and public representation purposes, Mr. Jean-François Decaux and Mr. Jean-Charles Decaux use the title of Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux.
Key Figures for the Group
- 2012 revenues: €2,623m; Q1 2013 revenues: €565.7m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (434,700 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 150 airports and more than 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (358,100 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (199,600 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (205,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire 1,002,800 advertising panels in more than 55 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,484 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini + 33 (0)1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investor Relations: Nicolas Buron + 33 (0)1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org