Paris, 22 July 2015 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide and Outfront Media (NYSE: OUT), one of the largest out-of home media companies in the Americas, announced today that Outfront Decaux Street Furniture, LLC – “Outfront Decaux” (a 50/50 joint venture between JCDecaux North America and Outfront Media) has developed the first smart bus shelter in Los Angeles. Outfront Decaux, which operates 2,526 bus shelters in 16 cities in Greater LA, worked closely with Mayor Eric Garcetti’s Office, the Board of Public Works, the LA DPW, the LADOT and the LA Metro, to include a WiFi hotspot, USB Charging Station, iBeacon and real-time digital transit information displays in the new bus shelter. This smarter bus shelter will consume less power since it is now retrofitted with LED lights.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2014 revenues: €2,813m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (491,950 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 140 airports and 279 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,060 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (180,590 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (215,350 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (51,150 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (36,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,078,370 advertising panels in more than 70 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 12,300 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 - email@example.com
About OUTFRONT Media Inc.
Outfront Media (NYSE: OUT) is one of the largest out-of home media companies in the Americas and has a major presence in top markets throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and South America. With traditional billboard and transit outdoor advertising properties and a network of digital displays, Outfront Media gives advertisers both breadth and depth of audience across key geographies, as well as immersive ways to connect with increasingly mobile consumers.
OUTFRONT Media Communications Department: Carly Zipp
212.297.6479 - firstname.lastname@example.org
OUTFRONT Media Investor Relations: Gregory Lundberg
212.297.6400 - email@example.com