Paris, 8 October 2015 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris : DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide and the UK’s number one, announces its vision for the Outdoor landscape in London – The London Digital Network or LDN. In an industry event at the top of one of London’s newest and iconic sky-scrapers, nick-named the Walkie Talkie building and to the backdrop of the developing skyline of London, JCDecaux revealed the next stage of its digital outdoor strategy.
JCDecaux will take over the world’s largest bus shelter advertising concession from 1st January 2016 and start to build out a network of 1,000 digital screens.
The digital bus shelters will comprise 84” screens, the biggest of its kind ever deployed at scale and is nearly 40% larger than the existing screens. The screens will be deployed in the capital’s major retail zones where £1 in every £5 of the UK’s retail spend takes place.
As part of the LDN roll out, JCDecaux will look to completely digitise Oxford Street installing double sided digital bus shelters along Europe’s most important shopping street. Vital to the thriving heart of London, Oxford Street attracts shoppers, tourists, commuters and residents.
In order to deliver optimised LDN campaigns, the channel will be supported through big data and a new supply-side platform called SmartBRICS. Retail spend data from CACI, social media feeds and frame-by-frame audiences from Route can be used to target campaigns to optimise audience delivery. The SmartBRICS engine will enable campaigns to serve the right copy to the right screen in the right location at the right time.
Additionally JCDecaux will launch Connected London an exclusive panel of 5,000 Londoners who will provide daily data on mindset, attitudes, brand preferences and lifestyle. This new community will provide essential insight into what makes Londoners tick and how they can be targeted via the LDN.
Jean-François Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: “JCDecaux plans to make London the global showcase for digital Out-of-Home with more than 50% of its UK advertising revenues forecast to be coming from digital by 2017. The new 84” screen is a step change in display quality and the scale of our build out will provide a new communication channel for London, backed by big data that will transform what is possible in Out- of-Home."
Key figures for the Group
- 2014 revenues: €2,813 million; H1 2015 revenues: €1,460 million
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No. 1 worldwide in street furniture (491,950 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with 140 airports and 279 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,060 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (180,590 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (215,350 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (51,150 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (36,000 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in self-service bicycles and a pioneer in soft mobility
- 1,078,370 advertising panels in more than 70 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 12,300 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – email@example.com