Paris, 19 January 2017 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced that, following a series of competitive tenders, it was awarded 17 advertising street furniture contracts in French regions in 2016 (three new contracts, and fourteen renewals or extensions). The cities involved represent a population of around 2,087,000 inhabitants.
These contracts cover 1,732 advertising panels, including digital ones. The local authorities that selected JCDecaux are: Anglet, Arras, Bayonne, Bray-Dunes, Communauté d’Agglomération du Boulonnais, Croix, Cusset, Dives-sur-Mer, Hénin-Beaumont, Limoges, Marcq-en-Barœul, Marseille Provence Métropole, Nice, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, Sainte Maxime and the STACBA, Syndicat de Transports de l’Agglomération Côte Basque Adour (two contracts). Among these 17 contracts, three are new contracts (Cusset, Sainte Maxime, Bray-Dunes), enabling JCDecaux to enter new areas.
As a committed partner, JCDecaux shows its dedication to municipalities by developing high-quality street furniture services, including digital technology that can display real-time city information, and by supporting urban mobility with equipment dedicated to the new Bus Rapid Transit services. All of these displays make cities more welcoming, comfortable, accessible, and are in harmony with the urban environment.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: "We are very happy to add those 17 contracts to our national portfolio, in addition to the 14 contracts awarded in the Ile-de-France region in 2016, expanding and strengthening JCDecaux’s national network and reinforcing our commitment to quality, digital innovation and sustainable development. Having worked alongside local authorities for more than 50 years, we remain highly attentive to their needs, which we seek to address on an ongoing basis by enhancing our service and advertising offerings and by proposing solutions that are in step with the transformation of urban areas. We are delighted that a large number of local authorities have placed their trust in JCDecaux’s street furniture business model and our know-how and expertise, thereby consolidating our position as number one in outdoor advertising in France and worldwide, for the greatest benefit to cities, citizens and advertisers and their brands."
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2015 revenue: €3,208m, H1 2016 revenue: €1,617m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (524,580 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 230 airports and 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (395,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (177,760 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (731,390 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (236,760 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (62,860 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (32,840 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,280 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,129,410 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 390 million people
- 12,850 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org