Paris, 14 October 2016 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, and number one in self-service bikes, announces that the Customer Relations Department of Cyclocity - JCDecaux's bicycle hire service - has won the Customer Service of the Year award for 2017* in the “Individual Transport” category.
This award recognises the commitment and professionalism of the 70 employees at the Customer Relations Department who exemplify Cyclocity and JCDecaux's values of quality, excellence and responsiveness on a daily basis for the benefit of the users of the bike-sharing scheme. Over a 10-week period from May to July 2016, 225 "mystery customer" projects were carried out through telephone calls, e-mails, online visits and social networks by an independent market research company.
The main criteria used were:
- relational skills;
- availability management;
- the quality of the responses offered; and
- human qualities.
Cyclocity's Customer Relations Department was formed in 2005 with the launch of Vélo’v in Lyon, the first bike-sharing scheme in France. 100% in-house operated and based in France since launch, it has since been optimised through recruitment, training and supervision in order to manage new activity. Open 7 days a week, it handles over 600,000 enquiries each year.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: “We are very pleased to have been awarded the Customer Service of the Year award for the second consecutive year. This award recognises our strategic goals of investing in our people and making the bike-sharing scheme a fully-fledged business initiative within the JCDecaux Group, as well as our adaptability and the successful management of an activity that is operated entirely in-house and has been based in France since its creation 10 years ago.
With over 555,390,000 journeys made since the launch, the success of JCDecaux's bike-sharing scheme, both in France and around the world, can be attributed to the quality of the services provided by the Group's teams, who strive daily to rigorously maintain all of the systems in operation and foster a close relationship with users.
I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks and congratulations to Cyclocity’s Customer Relations Department, whose commitment and high quality work helps to create a unique experience for users of JCDecaux’s bike-sharing scheme."
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2015 revenue: €3,208m, H1 2016 revenue: €1,617m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (524,580 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 230 airports and 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (395,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (177,760 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (731,390 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (236,760 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (62,860 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (32,840 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,280 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,129,410 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 390 million people
- 12,850 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – email@example.com