The futuristic project will see sustainable creative installations integrated within Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City and Dubai Knowledge Park
Paris, 16 November 2016 – In line with its commitment to creating smart, vibrant and sustainable business communities, TECOM Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has partnered with JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, to pioneer state-of-the-art digital advertising solutions, at Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City and Dubai Knowledge Park.
This community transformation project will include the installation of smart digital outdoor solutions as part of a wider initiative across TECOM Business Parks. At a signing ceremony in Dubai attended by Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux and Malek Al Malek CEO of TECOM Business Parks, TECOM Group said that it intends to reimagine its business communities, while spurring creativity through the installation of smart infrastructure which will enhance those innovative ecosystems.
Malek Sultan Al Malek, Chief Executive Officer at TECOM Business Parks, said:“Our new partnership with JCDecaux enables us to combine the strengths of the world’s leading outdoor advertising company with our own experience in building innovative business communities over the last decade. Together we will reimagine the future of three business parks that are recognised across the region as being leaders in innovation and creativity, as we work towards common goals and write a new chapter in Dubai’s development.”
The timing of the new partnership comes as TECOM Group steps up its efforts to support Dubai’s vision of transforming into one of the smartest cities in the world. The installation of JCDecaux’s leading digital advertising solutions is set to play a key role in helping redefine the future of advertising in the emirate, while also acting as a springboard for understanding how to scale up their use in other cities around the region.
The concept of advertising on street furniture such as benches, bus shelters, phone kiosks, and other public fixtures, was first pioneered by JCDecaux back in 1964, and has proven to be a means of funding public infrastructure using advertising revenue. In 2015, JCDecaux generated €3.2 billion outdoor revenues globally.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux, said:“In TECOM Group, we have a partner that embraces new ideas and innovation, thus mirroring our own core values, and we are proud to be a part of the sustainable development of the city’s innovative communities. This partnership speaks of our ability to fulfil the needs of smart cities and brands through high value-added, fully customised, products and services. It is also in line with our global strategic direction for digital outdoor, which emcompasses the 3 core elements of digital, data and distribution. An approach which facilitates the delivery of smart advertising solutions in the right place, with the right message, to the right people and at the right time.”
The advertising structures will take on a minimalist feel and will serve more than 3,000 business partners, and regional and international organisations, unlocking opportunities for brands to engage with an audience of close to 50,000 professionals at Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City and Dubai Knowledge Park.
This is an ultra-high quality advertising platform including dynamic, fully connected, LED digital screens, as well as solar powered bus shelters that will provide information about transport, accessibility for people with physical disabilities and USB charging facilities.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2015 revenue: €3,208m, H1 2016 revenue: €1,617m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (524,580 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 230 airports and 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (395,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (177,760 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (731,390 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (236,760 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (62,860 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (32,840 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,280 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,129,410 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 390 million people
- 12,850 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org