Paris, 27 October 2014 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide and TFWA, the world’s biggest Duty Free and Travel Retail association, are pleased to announce that they have signed a partnership for TFWA World Exhibition & Conference, the 30th Duty Free and Travel Retail Global Summit.
Within the context of this 30th edition in Cannes, TFWA is offering an innovative way- finding system and JCDecaux touchscreens have been installed at key locations in the Palais des Festivals in Cannes.
JCDecaux is recognised by airport authorities as an advertising operator associated with innovative services. Passenger service has always been at the heart of the airport experience and travelers spend an increasing amount of time in “airport cities”, their expectations in terms of services and entertainment are rising constantly. Leveraging 50 years of experience in urban services, JCDecaux has developed a comprehensive set of associated media solutions.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: “We currently cover 9 out of the top 10 Duty Free Airports and, for the first year, brands related to Travel Retail (Fashion & Luxury) are dominating our Top 20 brands market share. TFWA World Exhibition and Conference is, therefore, the perfect opportunity to meet our clients. We have established a strong relationship with TFWA over the years and we are pleased to sign an agreement with TFWA as Official Digital partner which should pave the way for the future.”
Alain Maingreaud, Managing Director TFWA, said: “On behalf of TFWA may I say that we are delighted to have found in JCDecaux a renowned partner, well established in its field and we hope that our strong relationship will continue in the coming years. Thanks to this partnership, we will be able to offer an improved service to our visitors for this year’s special 30th anniversary of TFWA World Exhibition & Conference.”
Key Figures for the Group
- 2013 revenues: €2,676m; H1 2014: €1,305m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (480,400 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 145 airports and more than 276 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (191,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (211,400 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (30,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,082,400 advertising panels in more than 60 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 11,900 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 - email@example.com
Investor Relations: Nicolas Buron
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 - firstname.lastname@example.org