Paris, 31 August 2015 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announces its acquisition of 70% of Eye Catcher Media, Peru's leading advertiser in transport and shopping centres. This acquisition reinforces JCDecaux's presence in Peru, where it won the advertising concession for Jorge Chávez International Airport in Lima in December 2014.
Founded in 2006, Eye Catcher Media is a family-owned company that has grown to become Peru's leading advertiser in transport and shopping centres, with over 3,500 advertising panels in the Lima Metro, at 12 airports in the north of the country (Aeropuertos del Perú S.A.) and in Peru's main shopping centres. Through this transaction, JCDecaux is consolidating its status as the number one outdoor advertising company in Latin America and its position in the region's sixth- largest advertising market.
This new platform will enable JCDecaux to accelerate its business development in Peru, where the outdoor advertising market is expected to grow by an average of 4.5% per year over the next three years, according to ZenithOptimedia. The acquisition also gives JCDecaux a strategic profile in Lima, Latin America's fifth-largest city with a population of 9.6 million.
The founding shareholders of Eye Catcher Media, Luiz Felipe Mauger and Miguel Claux, will retain a 30% stake in the company.
Luiz Felipe Mauger and Miguel Claux, Eye Catcher Media shareholders, said: “We are very proud that Eye Catcher Media will be joining the number one outdoor advertising company in the world. With its skills and expertise, we can offer our clients very high-quality services, introduce new formats and innovate in both traditional and digital formats. As the undisputed leading advertiser in transport and shopping centres in Peru, we are pleased to join forces with JCDecaux."
Jean-Charles Decaux, Co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: "The acquisition of 70% of Eye Catcher Media is a key step in our expansion in Peru, and I extend my thanks to our partners for their confidence in us. Thanks to this transaction, JCDecaux, which already has a presence in Lima's airport, will position itself among the most dynamic advertising activities in the country. We are pleased to be able to draw on the skills of Andrea Faria, Eye Catcher Media General Manager, and her team, which will offer new and innovative communication solutions for advertisers and their brands. Together, we will continue our development in this high-growth market and expand JCDecaux's presence in Peru."
Key figures for the Group
- 2014 revenues: €2,813 million; H1 2015 revenues: €1,460 million
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No. 1 worldwide in street furniture (491,950 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with 140 airports and 279 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,060 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (180,590 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (215,350 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (51,150 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (36,000 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in self-service bicycles and a pioneer in soft mobility
- 1,078,370 advertising panels in more than 70 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 12,300 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – email@example.com